(Let’s work on our business English with this summary of an article from Small Business Edge – “Are Your Customers Frustrated?”)
Why are consumers so frustrated?
Their three top reasons:
- Delayed shipments
- The cost of shipping
- Inaccurate tracking
These pain points don’t go away after customers buy an item. After they buy they have new complaints:
- Receiving a wrong or damaged item
- Waiting a long time for a refund
- Inconvenient returns
How bad is it?
According to a survey by the company Pitney Bowes:
- 19% of young people said they would talk about their dissatisfaction on social media.
- 51% of young people admitted to regularly buying clothes in different sizes to try them on and then returning items that don’t fit. Men (27%) are more likely than women (19%) to do this.
- 24% of shoppers are disappointed with the cost of shipping. Free shipping is the #1 most important factor for loyalty.
- Do you like to purchase products online?
- If an item you buy online is wrong or damaged what do you do?
- Do you buy clothes online? If they don’t fit, what do you do?
- When buying things what most influences your “buying decision?” (Ads? Customer reviews? Research?)
- Have you ever left a negative customer review?
- What would you say are the pros/cons of shopping online? Offline?